Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Member missionary work is awesome

Happy anniversary, first off! Go get some Mexican food to celebrate or something!

I did get the school stuff you sent and I've managed to read through two of the big stacks of paper during some of my down time in the evening. A lot of the film classes at the University of Utah sound sweet! Of course, I'm going to be looking at the other schools and I'm thinking about other possible majors. Thanks for sending all that information! I appreciate it, haven't had much time to read a lot of it though!

This past week... Easily one of those, less than great weeks. We didn't end up teaching a single lesson! It was rough, I think we had like 6-7 possibilities but they all fell through one after another. It's not a big deal though, we had some silver linings! We actually received two media referrals and that was a little miracle in and of itself! One is a family that was referred from some of their friends in the St. Helens area over in Washington. They've been asking a lot of questions and so we got a media referral, then a call from this member that sent it! Member missionary work is awesome! We stopped their house and I find a green-cheek conure hanging out in a cage under a tree in the front yard! I went over and it was just a lovable little guy, he played with my hair through the bars and was talking to me. Then we get over to the door and talk with this guy, Adrian, and he's awesome! Turns out his last name is Osorno and he was taken back that I knew where in Chile it was! Weird, but cool! We're going to teach them tonight so we'll see how it goes!

It's been really hot, and I've definitely reaffirmed that I'd much rather have it cold than blazing hot.. Our attic room gets incredibly toasty and all we have is two fans to cool us off at night. I hope to be transferred before July/August when it gets it's hottest!

We had stake conference here this week and it was pretty good. The church building we watched it at had some MAJOR technical difficulties, so we ended up missing all the Sundays session and half the stake just sang hymns for an hour! Finally they got it working after attempting all sorts of stuff (holding an iPhone up to the pulpit microphone, etc.) it was funny.

Well I'm excited to talk (and see) you all on Sunday! I love you.

-Elder Samuel A. Burge

No comments:

Post a Comment