Monday, July 15, 2013

Subway Miracle & a Tarantula–Things are picking up

Hello,

Glad that you all liked the pictures that I took- I've been trying to take more good pictures but I always forget about my camera when I'm out and about. It's good to hear that everyone is doing well back home.

So I'd like to preface this email with a scripture and miracle:
"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?...

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
-Matthew 6: 25-26, 31-33
So after we had done all the things we needed to do last Monday (emailing, groceries, etc.) Elder Richie and I decided to walk into a nearby Subway to grab a bite to eat. So we went in, ordered our food, and as we were going up to pay for our food the lady working the cash register just handed up our food and told us it had been paid for already. I was just astonished! We have absolutely no idea who paid for our meal, and it was weird because the lady behind the counter didn't even seem phased at my astonishment- and I was pretty taken aback about the free food! Anyways, it was the best miracle ever! (Who needs miraculous healings when you got miracles this good, right?)

Aside from that his week has been pretty good. We found three new people to teach so we're pretty excited about that (one of them, Linda, seems really promising). It was really good to actually have something for all the effort that's been put forward by us the past few weeks. The past like two weeks have been so incredibly slow- it was terrible. I wasn't feeling good like at all this week with like a sore throat and a mild cough, but I managed to get through it all pretty okay.

I also got to hold a tarantula this week, which was pretty sweet! This lady in the ward, Andrea, we visit pretty frequently and her friend Ricardo tends to squat in her apartment when she leaves town on the weekends (to go down to Molalla where her family is) and he's been keeping his pet tarantula there because he's usually in Eugene for some job he's been doing down there. Anyways, we went to visit Andrea and ended up just talking with Ricardo for awhile and he pulled out the tarantula and I took a video of me holding it! I didn't take any pictures though, so just use your imaginations I guess.

That's all I've really got for this week. Hope everybody has a good week! I love and miss you guys!

Sincerely,

Elder Samuel A. Burge

No comments:

Post a Comment