Monday, January 28, 2013

We eat at Jimmy John's A LOT! I've eaten there around 6-7 times!

Family,

It's great to hear from you! I spent all week with absolutely no letters/mail, and it sucks. I was really feeling down on Thursday and Friday, and I was really in need of something so then on Saturday at like 3 P.M. I got your package and letter from Krista! It was good, I've been eating that bread like crazy and I've been wanting some t-shirts, so I was super stoked to see those in there! I love them, I laughed so hard when I opened up the package and saw them! I even took a picture in one of them that I think you'll enjoy!~

Hiding in my Sherlock Holmies jersey – an adult hide-n-seek league team in the show Portlandia 

This week has been really slow, we still don't have anybody to really teach. We've been going around just meeting with anyone we can, but we still haven't gotten any referrals or found anyone interested in hearing anything. I'm not too upset about it, but it's hard on Elder Baxter. I have a feeling we'll get some more people to teach here soon, so again, it's not that big of a deal to me.

It's finally started to rain, which is great! Oregon rain is mostly just light rain, but what makes it so wet is that it doesn't really stop raining. We've seen about three days of just straight rain, which I'm loving so much. I regret not buying this umbrella I was going to buy, it had this really nice wood handle and it was sweet! It was expensive, but still sweet. It's funny how people have told me, "You won't use your umbrella!" but after I've started using it people keep telling me that they need to go buy one. I guess I'm just always right. Usually am, but I'm very humble about it so I don't say that I am. We've started seeing ants in our apartment. At first they were on our cutting board, but Elder Baxter has been going on these ant exterminations throughout our kitchen. They're driving him insane, which I think is pretty funny.

Ants!!!

Well, not really a whole lot that happened this week. We had to take our car into the Toyota dealership to get some recall fixed on Saturday. Some motor for the automatic window was like a fire hazard or something, I don't really remember. Moral of the story is I got to watch part of the X-games in the waiting lobby for like 45 minutes! Anytime we get to listen to a song on the radio in a lobby, restaurant or see something on a T.V. we call it a "freebie". I love getting freebies! We eat at Jimmy John's A LOT! I've eaten there around 6-7 times! 

Jimmy John’s – America’s favorite sandwich delivery guys.  Missionaries – the Lord’s favorite Gospel delivery guys.

Well, that's all I've got for now.

I love you all, and miss you everyday,

Elder Burge

P.S. - Mango is the cutest little bird! I miss that little guy! Also, thanks for those addresses! If you could get me Tyson's address I'd appreciate it to!
 
The temple reflecting pool

No comments:

Post a Comment