Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm leaving tomorrow! Whoa!!‏

Mom and Dad,

Hey, I was able to get on a computer really quick to tell you about my flight tomorrow. The flight leaves at 8:35, so I'll be calling early in the morning (probably around 7 AM just so you have an idea). It's weird that I'm leaving for Portland tomorrow! I'm super excited, and the past few days here in the MTC have been really good. I know a lot of my emails and letters might have sounded like I was completely miserable, but I want you to know that I'm doing good and that you shouldn't worry about how I'm doing. I know I'm not the best at teaching the gospel, and that I don't know a lot of the doctrine as well as I could, but I'm just relying on the Lord to help me when I struggle. I got to eat dinner with Tyson last night, and man was it great! We just talked about how we were doing and joked around like old times. It makes me happy that my friends aren't changing while they're here in the mission field. I know Ben won't be as bad as I thought he would when he gets home. Just from the few emails that he's sent me he seems pretty cool. It will be awesome to see Ben in a few months. I'm really sad that it will be so long before I get to actually see him and talk with him.

I just want to let you know Mom, that I love you so much. I'm sorry if you ever felt like you didn't connect with me or anything like that, and that I can't wait to see you on Mother's Day. I miss you so much, and not being able to see you has been one of the hardest parts of my mission. I'm so thankful for how amazing of a mother you've been to me, from making such delicious meals (which I miss) to just being there for me when I needed you. I don't know how I can ever repay you for the amazing things you done for me- I hope that I can make you proud, because you deserve it.

Dad, I just wanted to let you know that I love you too. Again, I know that sometimes the burdens of life can wear on a man, but I know that you'll get through them fine. You've been nothing but an amazing example to me my whole life, and I know that I can make it through whatever is thrown my way, because I learned from the best dad in the world. My companion lost his father a few weeks before he came out, and I thank God every day that I'm lucky enough to still have mine around. I've really appreciated the letters you sent me, they've been a huge help to me. I hope that I can make you proud, too.

I can't wait to talk with you all tomorrow, and I also can't wait to get a breakfast samwich(es) from a fast food place!

Love always,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment