Monday, August 19, 2013

A little rough…but hopefully I can bless at least one person’s life…

Hey family,

It's been a pretty alright week. A little rough- we had a quite a few cancelled appointments, and we've run into some problems with some of the people we're teaching that are going to be a hindrance to the work in the area. It's alright though, I'm hopeful that we can work through the things we need to so we can keep people progressing in the gospel.

Sounds like Dad is having an enjoyable week as well, dealing with activists and attorneys. I'm proud to know that my father has made it into the newspaper editorials! The seven overly-opinionated people that actually read the editorials/opinion section in a newspaper will have an amazing topic to read after they try to decipher the political cartoon nobody can understand! You should find some of the editorials and send them to me so I can read them. If it makes him feel any better, I got flipped off and yelled at by like three cars this week. And if I had my pick, Dad would be played by George Clooney, I would be played by Mark Walberg... And Silas would be played by Michael Cera.

Well I hope that school for everyone goes well- I know mom will do well with the children in Kindergarten, she's always been good with kids. I'm really excited to see everybody going back to school, I want to hear all about everyone's experiences definitely.

Portland is an interesting place, and there are a lot of people that could care less about what me or what I have to share with them. For all the negativity and hatred in the world though I'm thoroughly convinced that there's amazing people from all walks of life. Doing this kind of work is difficult, definitely, but hopefully I can bless at least one person's life by doing it.

I love you all, hope your week is fantastic.

-Elder Samuel A. Burge

No comments:

Post a Comment